Do you diffuse? If not, it’s time to start. Diffusing should be a major part of every curly girl’s styling routine! Keep reading to learn everything about diffusing, plus our top diffusing tips.
What is Diffusing?
As any Curlfriend who has ever blow dried her hair knows, the standard blow dryer nozzle is not our friend. Standard blow dryer nozzles disturb our natural curl patterns and create unruly frizz.
Luckily, there’s this nifty little invention called a diffuser. A diffuser is an attachment that you add to the nozzle of your blow dryer that disperses the air to dry curls gently without disturbing their curl pattern.
Drying your hair with a diffuser is much faster than air drying hair, and a perfect option for anyone with curly hair who needs a styling routine that’s quick and easy. When done correctly, styling your hair with a diffuser means frizz-free curls in less than half the time!
How to Choose a Diffuser
Most hair dryers come with a diffuser attachment. But you can also buy a separate diffuser attachment designed for curly hair. Just make sure the diameter matches the nozzle on your hair dryer!
How to Diffuse Curly Hair
- Divide wet hair into sections, then apply CurlFriends Control Gel to lock in moisture and reduce frizz. If you have time, allow hair to air dry about halfway. This will cut down on drying time.
- Tilt head to one side, and place hair over the diffuser. Set hair dryer on low or medium heat and air flow, and hold for 10 to 20 seconds. Then move onto another section, repeating until hair is about 80% dry.
- Finish with 10 to 12 sprays of Rejuvenate Texturizing Mist.
- For extra volume, diffuse curls with your head upside down.
- Don’t touch the curls with your fingers while diffusing, as this can encourage frizz.
- Finish with a shot of cool air to set your curls and add shine.
Do you diffuse your curls? Why or why not? Let us know in the comments!