7 Top Tips for Frizz-Free Hair
If you have curly hair, no doubt one of your biggest hair challenges is how to prevent frizzy hair. As summer approaches, and the amount of humidity in the air grows, so does our hair! Seriously, no one likes frizz, So, let's walk through the top tried and true tips to follow for flawless, frizz-free hair.
- Start in the shower. Always use nourishing shampoos and never, ever skip conditioner! In fact, to take it a step further, it doesn't hurt to skip shampooing every once in a while and condition only. Use a wide-tooth comb or your fingers to detangle and distribute conditioner through your hair.
- Drop the towel! No towels after cleansing and conditioning! Wring out excess water with hands. Towels are a rough surface that aggravate frizz.
- Keep the moisture, lock out frizz. For optimum frizz relief, apply products that are specially designed to lock out humidity like CurlFriends Control Gel. When applying, make sure to apply it to hair that is wet enough to wring out.
- Be thorough. Take your time applying product. Divide hair into 2-4 sections and work product through each section thoroughly to ensure even, complete distribution.
- Hands off! Once product is applied, do not disturb it until its dry. Without realizing it, we often aggravate frizz by overstyling, brushing or otherwise playing with our hair after we've applied product.
- Air dry. Over the long run, using heat on your hair can cause it to be dry and damaged. If it's possible, it's always better to let your hair air dry. Or, if you need to dry it faster, use a diffuser on your blow dryer.
7. Lock out moisture. When hair is 100% dry, use finishing product(s) like CurlFriends Tame Smoothing Serum to lock in your curls and lock out frizz.