3 Ways to Protect Your Curls on Vacation
Got a vacation coming up? Good for you! Going on vacation is a lot of fun, but what’s not fun is dealing with frizziness, dehydrated locks, and other scenarios that us CurlFriends all experience on vacation. Luckily, there are some simple ways to protect your curls while you’re traveling:
1. Pack the Essentials
If you love your hair products, packing can be a total nightmare. Save on space and bring everything you want by transferring your favorite curl-friendly products into travel size bottles.
If you can’t live without your diffuser, try a collapsible diffuser attachment that fits onto hotel hair dryers. Make sure to pack plenty of hair accessories like scarves, head wraps, etc. for fuss-free vacation hairstyles. And don’t forget your silk pillowcase and microfiber towel!
2. Quick Wash-and-Go Styling Techniques
The trick to keeping your curls defined and shiny is to keep your hair hydrated. Remember: the more hydrated your hair, the less frizz you’ll see. So follow this easy hydration-promoting hair styling routine whenever you wash your hair:
- Apply a dime size amount of Replenish Leave In Conditioner to damp hair. Replenish Leave-In Conditioner deeply penetrates hair to repair it and lock out humidity, so your curls are defined and frizz-free.
- Next, apply a small amount of Control Gel evenly through hair.
- Air dry hair or blow dry with a diffuser.
- Spritz hair with Rejuvenate Texturizing Mist whenever you want to refresh curls.
3. Learn Vacation-Friendly Hairstyles
Vacation is all about fun, so the last thing you want is to spend hours styling your hair.
Instead, try one of our favorite fuss-free vacation hairstyles:
Two Strand Twists
This protective hairstyle is perfect for vacation. Starting with damp hair, take a section of hair and divide into two equal strands. Twist the strands together, similar to creating a braid (except using two strands instead of three). Full directions here.
A pineapple is a high, loose ponytail on top of your head. You can sleep in a pineapple to prevent hair from getting flat or tangled during the night, or wear during the daytime with a scarf for a cute vacation hairstyle.
Do you have any tips for protecting curls on vacation? Let us know in the comments!