2 DIY Curly Hair Masks to Heal Damage & Promote Growth
Does your curly hair need a little extra TLC? Try a DIY hair mask! These homemade hair masks feature curly hair-loving botanical extracts and growth-promoting oils. Best of all? You probably already have these ingredients in your kitchen!
Deep Condition with Aloe Vera
Dry hair is more prone to frizziness, breakage, and flyaways. Luckily, you can easily hydrate curly hair with this DIY hair mask.
- Scrape the pulp from the aloe vera leaves into a bowl. Transfer the liquid into an applicator bottle.
- Add the coconut oil and castor oil into the applicator bottle. Shake to mix.
- Spritz hair with warm water and then separate into sections.
- Apply the hair mask generously to each section, using your fingers to massage the mask into the strands. Braid or twist each section of hair after applying mask.
- Cover hair in a shower cap and allow to sit for at least one hour (but overnight is better!).
- Remove braids and thoroughly rinse hair with warm water. Then enjoy your newly moisturized hair!
Promote Curly Hair Growth with Castor Oil
This homemade hair mask promotes hair growth while increasing your hair’s shine and manageability. How? This mask includes castor oil as one of its ingredients. Castor oil is a natural hair growth oil because it keeps your scalp healthy and boosts blood flow to your hair follicles.
- Crack egg in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add castor oil and honey, then mix together until thoroughly blended.
- Transfer mixture to an applicator bottle.
- Divide dry, unwashed hair into four sections. Apply mask to hair from root to tip. Massage the remaining mixture into the scalp.
- Cover hair in a plastic shower cap and let sit for at least an hour while the mask works its magic.
- Rinse hair thoroughly, then shampoo and condition as usual.
What’s your favorite DIY mask for curly hair? Let us know in the comments!